Campbell’s Nutrition is Iowa’s first and oldest health food store! Campbell’s Nutrition was founded as a natural food store by the Campbell family in 1937. While the country was trying to pull out of the Great Depression, the concept of a health food store was WAY ahead of its time. The Campbells family had a passion for nutrition and dreamed of a healthier community. Their first store location was downtown on Locust Street.
Diane Lahodny, a Drake student from Hawaii, took a job at Campbell’s Nutrition while attending college. She fell in love with the business and purchased the store.
Thanks to the community’s support, Campbell’s has been running strong for over 80 years!